The AC-X2 is driven by a large field coil instead of a permanent magnet. With this magnetic force, the driver reaches the physical maximum and an extreme dynamic performance.
The AC-X2 has a Qts between 0.25 and 0.6 depending on the supply voltage which can be set from 6 to 18 volts. It enables the user to adjust the driver to all useful installation conditions and playback requirements. The optimal value in our experience is 12V.
Different to the AC-X unit this driver is equipped with a wooden cone for ultimate bass response. Just imagine how wonderful an open baffle or backloaded horn design will sound using this drive unit. Simply power it up with an 1 watt single ended tube amplifier.
Delivery includes a switching power supply.
Further power supply options are:
• N1 – A transformer power supply 12V fixed
• N3 – An adjustable power supply. Switchable voltage from 12V to 19 V DC in 0.5V steps.
• N2 – A high-end battery power supply 12V fixed, with loading automatics
• Fullrange mode in all high-end back-loaded horns (free schedule available)
• Fullrange mode in an open baffle design (free schedule available)
• As a high- and midrange driver combined with a fast dipole woofer
• As a fronthorn driver, fullrange or 2-way
|Frequency Response||20 – 20.000 Hz|
|Efficiency*||max. 108 dB / 1W / 1 m in recommended housings|
|Capacity||50 W nom / 100 W mus|
|Impedance [R]||10,7 Ohm|
|Complex Impedance [Z]||16,0 Ohm|
|Resonant Frequency||29,0 Hz|
|Mechanical Q-Factor Qms||3,1 / 12V|
|Electrical Q-Factor Qes||0,40 / 12V|
|Q-Factor Qts||0,354 / 12V|
|Equivalent volume [VAS]||148,0 Ltr.|
|Depth||6,5″ / 16,5 cm|
|Install diameter||7,5″ / 19,0 cm|
|Weight||26,5 lbs / 12,0 kg|
* A fullrange driver’s efficiency depends on the frequency response and does not follow a
standard calculation in the context of Thiele / Small parameters.